Sunday, November 2, 2014

Quite a satifying weekend.

Santa delivered my French figures on Friday so I set about completing a few battalions of Spanish who needed grenadiers to fill up their ranks. I had initially painted the Irish regiments in spanish service without grenadiers with bearskins but a couple of weeks ago I did see a contemporary scene of Bailen with light blue coated grenadiers who I assume were from a foriegn regiment. Waiting for me under the Christmas tree are;

A field forge, 2X 1805 French arty, 2X 96 fig 1805 French Inf, 1X light ambulance, 1X Heavy ambulance, 1X Horse Grenadiers (which look shit hot!) and 2X Baggage wagons.

A number of these may not make it to the Christmas tree... they long just so much fun to get such in to!

Filled again with enthusiasm and a flagon of beer from a really good brewery called Harrisons , I decided to get going on the project of making a camp. In the end I made 4 tents for the plebs and Berthier's tent. these are a long way from being finished but it was a great weekend of creating stuff from scratch. I will post photos in the coming week.

But here is a teaser....!




Although I try to only blog about matters Napoleonic, I just have to add that today the temperature reached 24 degrees!! The kids are outside without jerseys or sweatshirts. This is a very novel temperature for us. There is a high north of Auckland and a low in the Tasman that seems to be pushing Australian weather our way (120 km winds in some places). Can we survive this heatwave???


2 comments:

  1. The tent and marshals look great John. Looking forward to seeing the newbies painted too.
    Gee, 24ÂșC; decidedly balmy!! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather back to normal now James - about 12 degrees. Not sure how much more of the heatwave we could have withstood!

    ReplyDelete