Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Italeri La Haye Sainte



On a bit of a brain explosion I picked up three kits of the Italeri Waterloo 200th Anniversary La Haye Sainte. This was not really on my agenda but the impulse was just too great.  The local model shop said they would match the internet price so in I went with $220 . This was about $60 cheaper than the shop would have otherwise put the boxes on sale for.
Anyway – the upshot is that I now have a pretty fantastic MDF La Haye Sainte to put together. This is going to be a summer project I guess because I just don’t have the room to have a massive farm sitting in the lounge.  The family house up in Hampden has much more room so I guess it will live there. The question will be can I live with the set in my room whispering “Build me build me!” Here are the pics of the set minus the front of the main boz which simply had a Banner Waterloo 200th Anniversary above a Brown Bess.


Back of the "Big Box"

Side with a blurb of the battle with some pretty dodgy English

The complete sets on the Big Box
Barn- I am interested to see whether this reflects the real farm at the time or the later additions which were done about 20 years after the battle.
Stables -

I haven’t seen any reviews of this specific set on the internet so I think I might do a review as I build. This will be something new for me and I am infamously disorganised so this is more aspirational than a real promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment